Thread: Outlook

Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook

Why! Oh! Why! Does Microsoft have to make life so difficult for us mare mortals. I have switched from Outlook Express to Outlook and have found in Outlook that when messages are flagged-up in the group/conversation mode, I get an additional header with the subject and number of messages in the conversation. I then have to expand the heading to get to the messages, so for every group of messages there is an additional unnecessary header of information. In Outlook Express the orginal message also acts as the lead message (and carries the + sign) where subsequent messages then follow on. Therefore there are no additional headers. I'll surely like to have Outlook display my group/conversation messages the way that Outlook Express displays them. Any Suggestions?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook

sorry, that's the way outlook does it.
    you can have them expanded, see views > current view > customize > groups.

you can change change to white bars too, look in one of the other options.

and you can remove conversation from the title. in the folder, right click on the header and show groups. drag conversation to the header row. right click again and choose format columns. select the conversation on and delete the word. either leave it blank and type in what you want. drag it back to the group box and right click and hide the group by box again.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook

Thanks MaryJ for the information. Its a pity I can't get rid of the actual text in the header and just leave the expand(+), or collapse (-). Is it important to know what the subject matter and how many messages there are in any given conversation?. After all e-mail is just like snail mail even if some of it could be junk mail. I am still convinced that Microsoft just want to fill your hard disk with loads of junk.