2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Annoying window (2002 sp2)

I use outlook 2002. attbi is having problems. Every time it send/receives I get a window that tells me

"Task 'mail.attbi.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ??K' "

It actually works fine! I can send mail and receive mail and Attbi acknowledges that there is some problem and they are trying to fix it as of about a week ago. My problem is this damn window overrides whatever i am in the middle of and won't cancel or delete until it's finished which is way too long. Is there a setting that allows me to turn it off?

Thanks
    Terry

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Annoying window (2002 sp2)

This is telling you that the ATTB server had (has) a problem. There is NOTHING you can do, but keep sending and receiving. As soon as the problem server is fixed it will go away.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

In earlier versions of Outlook, I thought there was a way to suppress errors to the taskbar (yellow triangle exclamation point icon). No idea how that worked, but maybe it will trigger something for someone else.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, ATTBI isn't interested in fixing it, ComCast takes over at the end of this month maybe they will be willing to fix it. It's just so damned annoying!!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

ComCast has taken over, just the server have not been changed. ComCast is also updating things, that may be why you are having server problems.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.