2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

cursor turns into a square (XP, Office XP, IE6.01)

Whenever the cursor is over a blank area that can be filled in like this one, the cursor turns into a black square. It happens in Word 2002 and also while using Internet Explorer. It also occurs over some text, but not all the time. I can't find anything information that will help me turn it off and make it stay as the default white arrow. It happens regardless of whether I am running only one program or multitasking with several. The computer that I am using is a "White Box" with a 1 Gig Processor and 256 Meg of Ram. Thank you in advance for any guidance that can be of help....John L

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: cursor turns into a square (XP, Office XP, IE6.01)

John, you may want to look at upgrading the mouse drivers. Have you tried changing cursor themes to see if it persists with all combinations? Is this the default cursor theme that you experience this with?
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: cursor turns into a square (XP, Office XP, IE6.01)

Thanks for the suggestion. It appears that changing the cursor theme back to the Windows XP took care of the problem. We'll monitor it throughout the day here at work. The computer was previously used by someone who no longer works here. looks like she made some changes without our knowledge....thanks, John