Star Lounger
    Thanks

addresslayout (word 2002)

I am trying to modify the layout of the address when using the "insert address" command in word. It uses the "addresslayout " autotext entry by default. I have added a company field and saved the new "addresslayout" autotext entry. It works fine BUT If I use "insert address" and select a contact WITHOUT a company, it leaves a blank line. Any ideas how to avoid this?
    Also, is there any way to modify the smart tag address layout to include a company field? I haven't been able to find any information on how the smart tag addresses are layed out by default.
    Thanks!!

Thanks

Re: addresslayout (word 2002)

Here are some threads that might help:

A sample solution:
    GetAddress Method (word97)

A painfully detailed exploration of the weird syntax of the above solution:
    AddressLayout Syntax (Any)

If you search addresslayout at Microsoft.com and mvps.org, you probably will find some articles with a few additional details.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's comforting to know that my efforts mimic those of Hans and Kevin! I'll have to try their sample layout. It sounds like (after 2 pages of threads) that it's exactly what I need.
    mvps.org didn't have anything.
    Thanks for the thread!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

The quick answer to this is, in your address layout, put the return at the end of the company name field INSIDE the field brackets; then if it isn't used the return isn't there either.

The 'painfully detailed' thread shows how this works (if you can extract the info from the rest of the stuff they're talking about!).

HTH
    Beryl M

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The info from that thread worked but I actually addressed another issue...a second address (i.e suite #) I modified the layout to look like this:
    {{{<PR_DISPLAY_NAME>}{
    <PR_TITLE>}}|<PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
    {{<PR_COMPANY_NAME>
    }{<PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS>}

using the "postal address" takes care of the second address. I also added a manual line break inside the bracket before "title" (thereby putting the title on the next line.
    Thanks everyone!