Lounger
    Thanks

WinXP VPN connect to WIndows NT Server (Windows XP Pro)

In our smaller branch offices we still connect to our Windows NT 4.0 Server using RAS or VPN. I recently installed a new computer with WindowsXP Pro in one of these offices. I setup a dialup connection with the Server and when it was run it connected. The NT server recorded a connection and authentication for the user. However none of the resources on the server where available to the REMOTE computer. One of our staff has had the same problem with a Windows 2000 laptop. We have a Windows 2000 machine in one of our remote offices that connects and uses resources on the server with no difficulty. We have found no information on this problem and wonder if any one knows of this problem and how to fix it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: WinXP VPN connect to WIndows NT Server (Windows XP Pro)

Bill, Have you looked here: Win2k Networking & Communications? There is a section on planning& deployment, VPN, & others. I suspect that much of what is said is the same NT, & XP even though it may say Win2k. The NT & XP sites may have the same docs.

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: WinXP VPN connect to WIndows NT Server (Windows XP Pro)

Bill, You may also want to search around here: praticallynetworked.com. Lots of very good information at this site.

Joe
    Joe