3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change font list (2002/XP)

Is there a way to customize the drop down list of fonts. I have a user who does not want all of the fonts listed in this drop down - he only wants a select few.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change font list (2002/XP)

Thanks for the info. I explained this to the user and he was not quite satisfied with the top three list. Oh well - thanks anyway.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think that the font list is customizable. The user can de-install fonts if he has enough rights (in Windows, not in Word), but he must be careful not to deinstall fonts used by Windows.

One nice feature is that the font dropdown list remembers which fonts you have selected recently; these are shown at the top of the list. So if you use three or four fonts regularly, they can be selected without scrolling the list.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

One other possibility is to dump the built-in font dropdown list and to create your own font menu or dropdown list with a fixed short list of fonts. You'll lose the preview of what the font looks like, and to make the dropdown list reflect the font of the selected text would involve application level events, which is not trivial. If you're interested: see <post#=203498>post 203498</post#> for an example of handling application level events.