New Lounger
    Thanks

Changing mail from

I am at another location (family member) very freqeuently. I am able to get my e-mail but I cannot figure out how to send responses without using their e-mail address. Since I am not set up on their DSL account at verizon, I have not been able to figure out how to return mail with MY e-mail address.

My Bible for Outlook is Barry Simon's book and I guess I will have to pourchase one for this location, but in the meantime, is there anyone who knows how to do this. I have set up another account in Outlook, but the send mail will not "send" if I use my address. (I hope I was clear).

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing mail from

it depends on the isp, but you can try two things.

what smtp server are you using? your acct's or the verizon server?

try using your normal mail server. you may need to send within 10 min of checking mail. if that doesn't work try the verizon server the family member uses to send on.

if the verizon server won't accept it because of your email address, set the email address to your family members and set your real address as the reply to.

this is all in the account properties for your mail profile.

Thanks

If you are using Outlook in Corporate Workgroup mode (it works even if you are not in a corporate workgroup situation, but MS says it is slower for Internet mail than Internet Only mode) you can create multiple profiles, each with individual sender information. However, it's a bit inconvenient.

One possibility, since there's no reason to mix your mail with theirs, is to use a different client, such as Outlook Express or Netscape mail. Or you could use web mail (e.g., Excite Mail, Yahoo Mail), although then you get those annoying ads...

Lots of options!

New Lounger
    Thanks

You folks are all so generous with your advice. But when I set up sending my mail from my daughter's SMTP, the mail does not go through. I cannot figure out how using another client will help..if I am using her DSL(please explain. I know I am missing something as peoople must use other connections when they are at a client and have to get their mail. Of course, I could bring my laptop and dial into my dial up account (difficult to want to do when you have access to DSL). I just thought I could make my life simplier.

I really appreciate your advice and the time that it took you all to answer.

Merry

Thanks

I suppose VERIZON could have its mail server really locked down tight and require that its user's name and address be located in the From and Reply-to fields. In that case, your options would be limited to web (HTTP) solutions.

Some of my colleagues use <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mollymail.com/>http://www.mollymail.com/</A>. It has very low "set-up" requirements, and makes sense for DSL since you can stay online.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

it all depends on the security measures in place with the DSL and with your home server and the differnet authentican methods they use.

First choice:
    set the mail client up to use the same information you use at home. you connect to your mail server using her internet. this should work for getting mail, but some servers either block you from sending if not dialed in or make you check mail before sending (pop before smtp) you have 10 min after checking to send. Yahoo does it this way for their mail.
    Second best:
    you can use you pop server to check mail but send using her smtp server. in the account settings, it would be "mypop.domain.com" for incoming mail but "hersmtp.DSLdomian.com" for outgoing. Some will allow this, others won't because the email address doesn't match the account.

third way:
    if not, put her email in the email field, your's in the return address field.

fourth:
    use sites like mailstart.com and webmail.com to check your pop account using a web browser.