2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Insert new data in chart (Office 2000)

Hello,

Is there any way to insert in a chart extra data which is taken from a link?

I have a chart (see attached), which is linked to a data sheet in the same file. The user now wants to also see in a small box at the top of each series the % changes between the two numbers (between the red and blue columns). I can make that with a textbox manually, however as the data is changing every month, I want this data to automatically be updated correctly. I am not sure how to go about it. Was thinking to insert a new data series, but it will show as a third column next to the other two, which I don't want. I also tried to add the link to this % change calculation in the textbox (=Sheet1!$A$16), but it won't accept it as a link to my data sheet. Any ideas how to do this? The two boxes with text in red (arrow next to them) is what I want to have in my chart and to be linked to the % change calculation in the other sheet.

Thanks in advance!
    K.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

Re: Insert new data in chart (Office 2000)

Instead of entering actual percent values in the text boxes link the textbox displayed value to a cell.
    Click in the textbox and then in the formula bar type
    =PercentValue1
    where you have assigned the range name 'PercentValue1' to a cell which contains the required value.
    Ditto for the second textbox, e.g. use 'PercentValue2' or whatever.

zeddy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert new data in chart (Office 2000)

Oh, brilliant, the link works now fine, thanks a lot. Great idea with naming the ranges, haven't thought of that.

Regards,
    K