Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Link Not Opening (Win XP/IE 6.0)

Jefferson--

Do you know a way to doctor that third KB link I posted to make it display correctly without the url. I know the problem with [LN] enclosures and a link on the lounge, and I experimented with it's URL. It is linking correctly unlike the aforementioned problem that has to be tweaked so that the brackets aren't in it to make it link, but its appearance changes when pasted into the lounge and I can't get it just to display the title I give it.

Thanks,

SMBP

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Link Not Opening (Win XP/IE 6.0)

You're using an anchor tag and specifying a target window in the URL. The Lounge does not allow HTML code in its markup. Also, by default, all links in posts open in a new browser window.

Further discussion on this should be in Lounge Matters.
    -Mark

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Mark--

I'm glad to and will take the question to lounge matters, so it doesn't divert from solving Pam's problems, but it was convenient since Jefferson was on the thread and he solved the last problem with double brackets and the link which can be modified to work--that's a link problem rather than an appearance problem. I'm not sure what you mean by "anchor tag"--I can get 99.99999999% of my KB links to work, and I can modify the double bracket problem that will not get you to the KB. I want you to appreciate that I'm simply pasting into the 'posting wndow' and it's being modified the way you see it. The original URL on the KB is http://support.microsoft.com/default...scid=kb;en=us; 306831 and it evolved into what you see up there in blue. Maybe you can help over in Lounge Matters--will set it up there. I notice pasting gets changed; but manually typing it doesn't--maybe for whatever reason that's the ticket. Just need to find the reason so it will appear correctly. I just modified it manually so it wouldn't change in the white box, but it still shows the url minus the > baggage.

Thanks,

SMBP

Thanks

The "problem" is not with the third link - it is with the second.
    You have omitted to close it with <!t>[/url]<!/t> at the end.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Leif--

You were right, but even before I saw your post, I was able to get the appearance fixed with the terminal [/url] missing, by manually copying it and then when I went to edit it, the funny appearance came back in the white box, probably because I hadn't caught the missing [/url]. I've got it take care of now--thanks. It's the fatigue of multiple links--and thanks for the KB's and links you found in one of the threads I used. I've seen spacing or an omission like that or mispelling the url or leaving a "/" out or in the wrong place mess things up, but I've never seen it change the way a link pasted before.

SMBP

Thanks

You may wish to check it just one more time - links 2 and 3 seem to be to the same url.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Wow--what a tarbaby; thanks. Now I know why I wish Yogi Berra had said "Deja Vu all over again ain't over 'til it's over!"

SMBP