Gold Lounger
    Thanks

KB Post Appearance Problem

Over at this thread,
    I'm having a post appearance problem with a KB's url. When I paste the URL I get
    url=url=<A target="_blank" HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;306831"> and when I manually type it in I get this:
    "]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...;en-us;306831"> 306831: You Cannot Open New Explorer Window or Nothing Happens When You Click a Link--the Update[/url] so, the link will get you to the correct KB unlike a double bracket problem in some KB's where you have to take out the "[ ]" two brackets or the link will get broken, but I can't keep it from showing the url.

Why is this happening? What's unique about this ordinary looking KB URL that pastes funny in the lounge, and why do I have to manually type it in rather than paste to get it to show correctly?

Thanks,

SMBP

Thanks

Re: KB Post Appearance Problem

See <post#=257529>post 257529</post#>.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: KB Post Appearance Problem

Yes Leif--

Thanks for clearing this up and supplying much of the information I was originally linking to. The other problem that comes up that Jefferson explained a while back with the [EN] and double brackets that needs to be modified, and can be done a few ways in order to keep the link to the KB intact, I can get done, I just wish I understood the reasoning behind that better or even knew what category of knowledge that this is in.

SMBP