3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

howdo I reinstall Access (OfficePro97 in XPPro)

This could be either an XPPro (new install on a new machine) or an OfficePro97 (loaded into the new XP machine) problem. Thursday XP crashed 17 times. Friday I did not open my inventory files except as absolutely necessary. XP only crashed while Access was open. Spreadsheets and everything else seems to be fine. But the whole system crashes wtihin minutes of opening Access. Error messages don't point to anything. They seem to be different everytime. Are there any known conflicts between OfficePro 97 and XP? I can't find anything on MS.

So my main question for you today is how do I fix Access? I have run the DB repair, it made no difference. Can I just reinstall over the top or do I need to uninstall what is in there? Or what? I do have the orginal OffPro disk. I don't suppose I can make it worse. I do of course have backups of my data etc.

TIA even if all you can give me is moral support.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: howdo I reinstall Access (OfficePro97 in XPPro)

You can try to re-install Office 97 on top of the existing installation. If you applied any service packs and other updates (for instance the latest Jet 3.5 service pack), you will have to install those too, after re-installing Office.

If this doesn't solve the problem, you can try uninstalling Office 97. See OFF97: How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office 97 on Windows XP, Windows Me, and Windows 2000 for tips on removing all traces of Office 97. Then re-install.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: howdo I reinstall Access (OfficePro97 in XPPro)

Tnks Hans that's the kind of info I was looking for.