3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Favorites Home Page v2.60 (v.6.0)

Favorites Home Page v2.60 is a handy utility. But, its download home page is shut down. Are there other places I can download this freeware?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Favorites Home Page v2.60 (v.6.0)

Dennis-

That message should mean it's accessible next Sunday, June 1--the monthly bandwidth for May has been exceeded. Since Favorite's Home Page is a free utility, and Robert Rimes Perry has been able to finance only so much bandwidth--not totally shut down. If I can find any others, I'll let you know. Hit it early next Sunday, and you should be fine. It is useful--here's another that I might have gotten from the Lounge. What's interesting, is that when I first searched it at PC Mag Utilities where it came from, I got a message that it's a paid service here so then I checked the readme for the author's name and searched PC mag for the article and got you the free download. Enjoy and come back next Sunday for <font color=blue>FHP</font color=blue>, and then let us know which you like better.

Easy Access to Favorite's: Faves to Go
    Download Faves to Go

SMBP

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SMBP, the two links you provided DO require paid subscription for downloading.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry--

I mentioned it as free because I did download it the other day. I didn't hit that download link, but I did install Faves to Go on 5/13 from somewhere else. I'll try to figure out how and where I got it--I haven't been able to find it searching the usual suspects and with the usual search engines. Ziff Davis has apparently decided to charge $20 a year as of January 2003 for access to their utility download index. But look at the bright side Dennis, 6 more days until a free Favorites Home Page. I'll keep trying to find either from another source. One of the links was an article to explain the Features of Faves to Go so you could compare them with Favorite Home Page--the other was the download link. Like most on the web, ZD is now charging for what they provided free for years.

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Dennis--
    Favorites Home Page has its bandwidth back this month and is currently available if you don't have it yet. Come on down.

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Dennis--

I figured out where I got Faves to Go other than PC Mag's making it part of a paid site. Go to this Tweaks Portion of Kelly's often praised XP Site and click <font color=blue>Line 108</font color=blue> to download. I think you'll like this as much as Fav Home Page.

SMBP