New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Worksheet Template (2000)

When I open a new Excel workbook using a custom template, it opens one worksheet as per the template. When I add a worksheet, however, the new worksheet is just the standard, blank worksheet - not the custom worksheet. How can I make new sheets in the book open like the original custom one?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Worksheet Template (2000)

If this is a custom template, I can't think of anything better than
    <UL><LI>Immediately after creating the new workbook, duplicate the worksheet as many times as needed, or
    <LI>Create another new workbook based on the template, and moving the worksheet from the new workbook to the one you already created; this can be done at any time.[/list]If you want to use the template as default new worksheet for all your workbooks, make a copy, rename the copy to Sheet.xlt and store it in your XLSTART folder. It will be used as model when you select Insert | Worksheet. Similarly, if you want to use it as model for new workboks, make a copy, rename the copy to Book.xlt and store it in XLSTART.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If your template is saved in your Templates folder, you can Insert a copy of the template anytime you want by right-clicking on a sheet tab and select Insert. You should be presented with a list of all files in your template folder from which you can select the one you wish to use.

Andrew C

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks so much. That is exactly what I need. I wonder why the Insert menu command doesn't give you a similar choice? Ahh - Microsoft moves in mysterious ways.