Star Lounger
    Thanks

Chart coordinates (97 SR-1)

Hello,

I am looking for a program that will be able to provide me with the XY coordinates in my active chart. For example, I have a chart of speed vs. time. What I would like to do is point with the mouse cursor anywhere in the chart and get the (speed, time) values. I have close to a hundred of these charts that I have to go through in Excel, and for each I only need one to two (speed, time) values. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Hanan.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chart coordinates (97 SR-1)

So why can't you use the source data?
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Thanks

Try the Free addin. It finds any coordinate on the chart, whether it has a point attached to it or not.

http://www.byalexv.co.uk/index.html?GraphCo.html

Steve

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for providing me with the link, and for the fast respose. This is exactly what I was looking for. I can not use the original data because I am looking for XY values between the graphed data. For a non-linear relationship, a linear interpolation between the two values would not be appropriate.

By the way, is there a program to change the XY scales of the current chart (zoom in/out) by means of slider bars?

Thanks

Is this what you are looking for. Here is a simple example of using a slider bars to set the X/Y max. It is relative it goes form 0 to 10x the autoscale. They also could be set up absolute. You could also setup something similar with 4 "spinner"s (XMin, XMax, YMin, YMax) and again absolute or relative to the "autoscale"

Regarding your original question. If you have points and a curve, you could CALCULATE a "Y" value given an "X" (or vice-versa) with an equation. You can even have a graphical interpretation of this. I have added another range which given an X draws a line from (X,0) to (X,Y) to (0,Y) and adds a label of the coordinates on the chart. You can add a "spinner" to control the "X" value and the coords will change. This does NOT even require any coding, just formulas. You do need the equation of the "curve" though even that can be calculated directly in most cases without any code.

Steve