New Lounger
    Thanks

Weird Printing Problem - actual page (Word 2002)

I have encountered a strange problem - I have looked in MSKB but didn't find anything - maybe you guys have seen this before:

1. Create a new document, let's say 4 pages (just one line on each page will do) - and leave the cursor at page 4
    2. Select File | Print...
    3. Change the printer to another printer
    4. Choose Actual page
    5. Click OK

The result (in my case) is that page 3 is printed - not page 4 as expected. If I don't change the printer the actual page is printed OK. I haven't tried the procedure in a variety of environments yet, but maybe anyone has seen this??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird Printing Problem - actual page (Word 2002)

I tested this in Word 97 under Windows NT4 and in Word 2002 under Windows XP, and the error you describe occurred in both cases. I found only one mention of this problem (for Word 97) in the Microsoft Newsgroups; one of the Word MVP's replied that it was probably due to differences in layout due to the printer, but this is clearly not the case.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Do you resave the document after changing the printer? And does it do the same thing upon reopening after printer redirect and saving? Shouldn't have to do all that, but just wondered if it made a difference.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Actually, all tests I have performed I have stayed inside the FilePrintDialogue. If I exit this dialogue and enters again I can print (using the same printer) and the result is OK - it's only if I change the printer while in the dialogue that I have seen the problem. I haven't thought of connecting this issue to saving the document, but I'll give it a try...