Lounger
    Thanks

Appt Reminders Consistency

How can I get reminders on both Tasks & Appointments to use the same list of intervals? In particular, you can set a reminder on a Task for 3 days before so on Friday you get reminded about a Monday Task. I want to be able to set the same interval so on Friday I get reminded about Monday appointments. BUT no can do - reminder interval menu on appointments only goes up to 2 days before.
    I am using OL98 on Window NT 4.0 and this problem has bugged me for about 2 years, so excuse a new user posting twice in same working day.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Appt Reminders Consistency

what happens if you tab into the field and type "3d"? (no quotes)

Lounger
    Thanks

I just created a test appointment for Monday 3/26. Used the arrow key to go into the field instead of choosing the dropdown menu. It allowed me to type in 3d. Expanded to display '3 days' after I hit enter. When I clicked to save the appointment, it said the time for the reminder had already passed (!) and no reminder would be set. Sounds promising. Will test again on Monday, since I won't be here to see if the system sends me a 3 days before reminder tomorrow. That solves the basic problem, but I still wonder why they assume tasks & appointments need different reminder default options. The Friday to Monday interval is so obvious.
    Thank for your help.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

hard to say what they were thinking and they've changed how htye handle the reminders in ol02. tasks are set by date only, appt are by hour/day/week etc.

all the letters work BTW - h (hour) d(day) w(week) m(month) it's often faster it type in 1w or 1h than look for it in the drop down.