Star Lounger
    Thanks

errors in access (2000)

We have a database that is giving us quite a bit of trouble. We keep getting the error: Error Accessing File. Network Connections May Have Been Lost. This error occurs when clicking on some of the command buttons. Also, this error pops up when we are trying to get into the code behind some of the forms. Any idea what I should do to fix this database?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: errors in access (2000)

(Edited by HansV to activate link to MSKB article - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Chances are it is a problem with VBE6.dll veer 6.03.9108
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;304548
    above is a microsoft knowledgebase article and the work around for this problem.
    Hope this helps

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As an additional note, the patch for this problem was included in Office 2000 SR-3.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am a little confused by this problem though. Why are we not seeing it in more of our databases? I did not create this particular database, but the user ensures me he did not do anything different from any other databases and he deals with quite a few of them.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It isn't anything the user necessarily does. I first encountered this problem when Office XP was initially released and I put Access 2002 on my machine so I could get familiar with it while doing my primary development in A2k. I ran head-on into this and couldn't fix it even by later removing AXP. Yet, it didn't happen right away, and I knew nothing about it until I sent a database to someone else and *they* had problems with it. Then I discovered the problems on my own machine.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

It seems like it only affects the things that he is creating with this .dll on his machine. Will it start to corrupt databases that were developed before this and now they are just used for the data accessing part....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It depends, and it isn't just his machine. If any machines have the mix of Office 2000 and any of the 2002 products, they can run into this problem with any database. Otherwise, the problem should only show up in databases developed after the installation of the 2002 product on that machine. Your best bet is to apply SR-3 to Office 2000 on all machines, which patches the Access 2000 executable so that it doesn't have those problems coexisting with 2002.
    Charlotte