New Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft virtual machine gone belly up (windows xp home sp1/ie6sp1)

Hi there...
    Could anyone help me resolve a microsoft java virtual machine problem while using ie6sp1..
    For some reason whenever i attempt to access a link to a java webpage/chat room or if a website contains java pop ups..the window opens..but thats all it does, and stays blank(apart from showing the active window of the previous page).
    I have tried updating the virtual machine but microsoft have stopped supplying it on there support pages..I have also downloaded the sun java machine and this wont work either(all versions)...
    I did manage to aquire a download of a microsoft java machine from an alternate site, but this doesnt help the problem after installation...
    I am now having to use either opera/netscape, neither of which i get along with, and am running out of ideas, other than a fresh install of windows....
    Please..someone help...
    I thank whoever may be able to help in advance of their cooperation in this matter [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Yours..shdizzy....

Thanks

Re: Microsoft virtual machine gone belly up (windows xp home sp1/ie6sp1)

Hi, Shdizzy ~

Do you have Java enabled in the 'Internet Zone' on the 'Security' tab of IE Internet Options?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi bruce..
    Yes i have...
    I have already gone thru this process but still have no joy..even when using the sun java machine it still does the same thing...u name it..i've tried it..lol..and am still no closer to getting it solved...if i can help it i dont want to have to do a fresh install of windows..
    Is there a prog out there that uninstalls ie6 for xp..
    The makers of ieradicate are in the process of making one but it isnt out yet...any ideas?
    Also...do u have any other suggestions?
    Thanks for the help sofar...
    shdizzy..

Thanks

Hi, Shdizzy ~

I just remembered upon re-reading your initial post....if you are stuck w/ a blank window when attempting to use a java-enabled online chat, you need to have 'Java logging enabled' checked.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi again Bruce...

Well the strangest things happen...
    I have just logged in to check posts using opera..and while reading your latest post thought i'd give ie6 another go at accessing chat/websites with java pop ups...(even though i have done nothing different from previous attempts), and lo and behold..its working again..lmao
    I have just checked tools/internet options/advanced/java logging and its not enanbled either...but java is working again...
    Dont know why or how..but it is..lol..
    What an amazing operating system...xp fixing itself..lmao
    Thanks again for your advice..
    Shdizzy