Thread: System Restore

Banned Member
    Thanks

System Restore

Here is a very handy little tool. Does a much better job then WinXP System Restore. Erunt

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: System Restore

CBD--

Thanks for this.

Can Erunt coexist okay with the system restore files that live in the System Volume Folder--i.e. if you download erunt, can you keep System Restore on and try either or are their any conflicts? I'm looking at the Erunt Notes. He sure is correct about the shortcomings/insufficiency of "Exporting the Registry" I'm making my way through the rest of Lars Herder's interesting notes no Erunt.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    "Or, before installing a new program for testing purposes one couldsave the registry with ERUNT, install and test the program, uninstallit and restore the registry to be 100% sure that no debris is left from the program.

Note: The "Export registry" function in Regedit is USELESS (!) to makea complete backup of the registry. Neither does it export the whole registry (for example, no information from the "SECURITY" hive is saved), nor can the exported file be used later to replace the current registry with the old one. Instead, if you re-import the file, it ismerged with the current registry,leaving you with an absolute mess ofold and new registry keys."

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for turning me on to it. There is a lot of room for improvement with System Restore, and one of the reason so many of these snap-shot utilities like FarStone's Restore It! and Roxio Go Back are so popular is that people know System Restore often won't restore or they can forget and wipe out by turning off system restore for a short time or somehow corrupt restore points they think they have.

SMBP

Banned Member
    Thanks

Yes it can coexist. I have had no problems with Win System Restore and Erunt. They are two separate enities.