Star Lounger
    Thanks

Embeded Fonts Error (2002 SR 1)

My company's logo consists of the company name in a special true type font. We have the font installed on all our PCs. When I plan to send Word documents elsewhere, I take advantage of Word's Embed True Type Fonts option. I have done this many times.

I'm suddenly getting odd behavior on an important file. If I work on it on one PC, then transfer it to another, I get an error message saying ""This document cannot be edited because it contains a read-only embedded font." Word will only open the document Read Only. I can't even Save As.

If I open the document on the original machine, uncheck the Embed True Type Fonts box, then save and move, I can open it without problem. If I check the box again while on the second PC, all works normally. I can edit, save, close, open. But if I move it back to the FIRST machine.... I get the error message again.

Both PCs have the required fonts. I've done this back-and-forth before with other documents without problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Don

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embeded Fonts Error (2002 SR 1)

Hi Don:
    The only thing I could find possibly related is WD2002: WordMail: Reply E-Mail Increases in File Size if Embed True Type Fonts Is Turned On. This was part of a security fix by Microsoft. However, I don't know that this is the cause.