4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Audit Login and Logout?

Hi,

How can I set Win2kServer to audit the login and logout times of staff during the day?

Thanks,

m.q.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Audit Login and Logout?

You can enable Auditing in Group Policy Editor and then review the events in the event log.

StuartR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.GIF (12.8 KB, 0 views)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

PMFJI, but I tried this by adding a policy in Active Directory and it had no effect. Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong.

I started with the SBS Administrator Console (custom MMC supplied with SBS2000), expanded Active Directory Users and Computers, right-clicked on the domain name and selected properties. I then went to the Group Policy tab and added a new policy prior to the Default Domain Policy (this remains at the out-of-box settings of not defined). In that policy I expanded Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, and Local Policies. I changed the Audit Policies to enable account logon events and logon events. I did not see any change in behavior.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Did this new GPO definitely apply at the Domain level for the correct domain?

Try installing gpresult and running it on your server to see what GPOs have been applied.

StuartR