New Lounger
    Thanks

AutoRecalc turned off by keyboard shortcut (2000)

Someone in our office is occasionally having to go into Tools | Options | Calculations to turn Automatic Recalculation back on when creating a new worksheet. I know this person is not turning it off in this fashion because they have to keep asking me how to turn it on.

I'm wondering whether there is an undocumented keyboard shortcut that toggles AutoRecalc?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: AutoRecalc turned off by keyboard shortcut (2000)

I don't know of a built-in shortcut key. The person could place a macro in his/her Personal.xls that turns on automatic calculation, and assign it to a custom shortcut key and/or toolbar button. the macro could look like this:

Sub AutoCalcOn()
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
    End Sub

See <post#=118382>post 118382</post#> for a tutorial on Personal.xls if you are not familiar with the personal macro workbook.

Thanks

If the file you open an excel session with has manual recal, any new files will have manual recalc.

If you open a file with autocalc then open a file that had manual calc, and save that file man calc is removed from the file. It is NOT a file property but a session property of excel.

If you want a file to man calc you must set it with a macro and remove it when closing or changing "windows" or some other event.

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both for your posts. I did not phrase my last question quite correctly but judging from what you both say, there is not a keyboard shortcut provided by Excel itself. I thought that maybe this user was accidentally hitting a keyboard shortcut that turned off auto-recalc.

Thanks

I suspect he is opening a man recalc file initially and if he diesn't change it back, everything he makes will be manual.

Steve