2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Consistent Form Appearance/DB documentation (Access 2000)

I've got my forms roughed out, and now I'm going back to make their formatting and appearance consistent. I'm going to create a form stylesheet (and in case anyone thinks that's something automated - it isn't, just notes on how forms and their controls are formatted), but I was wondering if anyone has a method of consistent form editing that they recommend.
    Oh, and while we are at it, and tips about user documentation of a db?

TIA

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Consistent Form Appearance/DB documentation (Access 2000)

You can save the form as a template and then building any more forms can be based on that template.
    When I build a database at work I have taken to right-clicking on the form or report or whatever, selecting properties , and placing a description of the item and what it does for future reference.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Consistent Form Appearance/DB documentation (Access 2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by WendellB on 01-Jun-03 04:58. Activate link)</P>Check this out http://www.helenfeddema.com/CodeSamples.htm code sample #22. It is described as: "An Access 97 add-in that lets you apply one of a set of design schemes to forms in a database. This add-in lets you apply one of a set of four standard color schemes, or a custom color scheme you create, to a new form you are creating, or to an existing form (or selection of forms). The add-in uses the CommonDialog control that comes with the ODE for Access 97. "

Hope it helps