2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Open note to Moderators and those who offer help (Access 2k)

What is the best way, for those of us who are so very grateful for the help we receive, to return the favor? This is the best site I have ever seen for support and do not want to see it disappear. I know there are others out there who are grateful as well, and would also like to assist those who provide this invaluable service to those of us who are not as knowledgeable.

Based on the information regarding the search function being suspended due to the site growing so large, I am concerned about the future of the site.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open note to Moderators and those who offer help (Access 2k)

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your kind words. Although this is a difficult time for the Lounge, you don't have to fear that it will go belly up. Behind the scenes, people are working on a solution, but unfortunately, technical difficulties have caused a delay. And remember, the WMVP's, Moderators and Admins, are volunteers, most of whom have a daytime job and a family, so it not always easy to find the time to work on the Lounge. Therefore, the present problems may last a while longer, but not forever.

For the moment, we can only ask you to have patience, and not grumble too loud when the Lounge has one of its hiccups.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open note to Moderators and those who offer help (Access 2k)

Oh, I am definitely not grumbling, as with or without the search function, this is too valuable a resource for me. I guess I am a little curious where the funding comes from to support the site, since membership is free along with the newletters etc. Are there sources other than the Woody's merchandise and advertising for the funding, or should I look to contribute in these areas?