4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MAPI control probs (Access 97 SR2/VB6)

Hi all,

I've created set of modules in VBA that get inividual emails from an email string i.e. "philipj@education.co.uk;phil.jeary@blueyonder.co. uk".
    It then adds these to the various To, cc and bcc recipient lists.

The way I know to do this involves using .RecipIndex = .RecipIndex + 1 before adding a recipient.
    If an extra index is added, is there a way to remove the index (I tried the above but with -1 and it didnt work), or do I need to program in avoiding adding an extra index in the first place?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MAPI control probs (Access 97 SR2/VB6)

It's best to avoid increasing the RecipIndex without need. But if you have added a superfluous recipient, you can remove it by invoking

MapMess.Delete mapRecipientDelete

where MapMess is the name of the MAPIMessage control. This statement will remove the recipient corresponding to the current value of MapMess.RecipIndex. Just decreasing RecipIndex only means that you "point" to another, previously defined recipient, not that you delete the current one.

Note: You should be able to consult the help file for the MAPI controls in VB6. In Access 97, it is not available because it is an HTML help file.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MAPI control probs (Access 97 SR2/VB6)

Excellent, thanks Hans.
    I have a bit of a problem with the help in VB in that, I installed a minimal amount of the MDSN library, then ran out of hard drive space - I need to do a bit of housekeeping then re-install some more!!!

Housekeeping..... not everyones favorite task but it needs to be done.
    Thanks again Hans.