Thread: Browser Control

JamesP

Browser Control

Hi
    This is a two part question.
    1) Is there a way to place code into a web document that will cause a page break so that when the document is being printed out it will automatically start a new page at specified spot?
    2) Is there a way that I can control Internet Explorer using VBA code in Access? I wish to have the browser refresh.

Thank you!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Browser Control

Regarding question #1.
    I have recently wrestled with the same sort problem and I have found that there is no such code. (Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) However; I was able to find a solution through a particular bit of code that will directs a print function to print a specific document. For example, if you have a user that has just entered data into a form, output the data to a template and when the user clicks the print button, it will print that document and not the html page.
    Copy this script into the head of your document.
    <link rel=alternate media=print href="printversion.doc">
    Rename printversion.doc to the document you wish the user to print. Does not work well with Netscape. I hope this works for you.

JamesP

Thanks
    That code gives me some ideas to try or at least a place to start looking!

Thanks

On #1, Internet Explorer 4 and higher recognize two special style rules:

page-break-before
    page-break-after

My HTML book is too cryptic to provide further guidance.

On #2, there probably is a way to do this. Part 1 is to identify the "handle" for the open window, and part 2 is to refresh the page. Regarding part 1, see this post: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=vb&Number=18202>http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthread...vb&Number=18202</A>. Regarding part 2, other than SendKeys, I don't know.