Lounger
    Thanks

windows fax utility (XP Home)

I have used WinFax 6.0 for years on my 98SE machine with ease. My favorite feature, ease of attaching My Doc files to the fax cover page. I set up my new XP Home laptop and configured the Windows included fax utility but find no way to send anything but the cover page with the limited text in the comment box. Have I missed something? After reading the mountain of negative press on WinFax 10.02, I hate to install the apparently flawed and pricey Symantec WinFax product for XP. Any way to attach files using MS Windows XP Fax? Or other PC based fax software with the attach doc feature?

Thanks

Re: windows fax utility (XP Home)

Hi, Mike ~

WinXP Fax is surely confusing and the help is not much help, but by playing around with it you will find there are a few ways to accomplish various levels of tasks you wish to complete.

As far as sending attachments, I have had the best success with opening Word and then using 'File' > 'Send To' > 'Fax recipient' and follow the options from there. You wil have to explore the options to see what suits your needs, but I recommend you skip at least the initial cover page and then after it says something to the effect, "Your fax has been sent", give it a moment as another dialog box will pop up and then you fill the info from there and send.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: windows fax utility (XP Home)

To use Microsoft Fax, open the document you want to fax, then from File menu choose Print (or Ctrl-P on the keyboard) and select Fax as your printer. It looks wierd, I know...