Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Can't find contacts ? (XP)
2003-06-02, 17:49 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2001
- Calgary, AB Canada
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't find contacts ? (XP)
I recently had an O/S crash, and had to re-install. I have changed from Win 2K to Win XP. I re-installed Office XP and all seemed well. I pointed outlook to my folders on a separate drive and it recognized them fine. My contacts, calendar, folders, etc. are all fine. I even deleted the default one on the 'C' drive. All seemed well. I am sending and receiving mail fine.
I just can't seem to compose as Outlook seems to think my contacts are empty. When I do a name check it comes up blank every time. I ask for suggestions it shows an empty 'Contacts' list and none of the sub-folders that I have.
Same thing happens when I try to modify a distribution list.
What have I done to myself this time ? :-(
2003-06-02, 18:29 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Re: Can't find contacts ? (XP)
1. Right-click each Contacts Folder, select Properties | Outlook Address Book tab, and make sure that "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is Checked for all your Contacts Folders.
2. Open the address book via Icon, and from the menu select Tools | Options. The Addressing dialog displays, make sure that Contacts shows there, promote it as necessary.
Post back if this doesn't help.-John ... I float in liquid gardens