New Lounger
    Thanks

Lost Icon for applying shading (Word2K SP3)

I have one document that I apply shading (12% grey) to every other line to ease reading once printed. I used to have an ICON (bucket spilling) to make this a one step mouse click, but I have lost that icon. I am not sure, but I suspect that I lost that Icon and other custom settings when I went to SP3 or adding CrossEyes. Is there a way to get my customize settings back from a back-up copy of Word 2K SP2?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost Icon for applying shading (Word2K SP3)

Can you remember whether this toolbar button executed a built-in command or a macro? Anyway, if you have a backup of Normal.dot, you may be able to get the button and, if applicable, macro back.

Thanks

View the Tables and Borders toolbar. If the bucket there ("Shading Color" screen-tip) is the button you want then:
    1. <LI>Right-click it and choose Customize...
      <LI>Holding Ctrl, click and drag the icon to wherever you want it copied (e.g., your Standard or Formatting toolbar).
      <LI>Release and click Close to finish customizing.
    Hope this helps.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

By the way, since you're not using a macro & I assume that you're selecting every other row manually, then clicking the button, then selecting another row, etc., there's a faster way.

After you apply your shading to the first row, just select the 3rd row with the mouse, press F4, select the 5th row, press F4, etc.

Or you could create a table with, say 20 rows, format it the way you want, & then save it as an AutoText entry. If you're table has an even number of rows, you can even copy & paste an even number of rows at the end to make it longer.
    Cheers,