New Lounger
    Thanks

Lost audio (2000)

I'm working on a 25 slide presentation and embedded 25 short .wav files. After inserting the first few .wav files, I saved the presentation, then viewed the presentation. The audio worked fine. When I save, close then reopen the file, no audio plays. I want to keep the sounds embedded so I end up with one file for easy transport. Any suggestions?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost audio (2000)

There's one option in Tools | Options which might be causing this. On the GENERAL tab, there's a check box which says Link sounds with file size greater than and then a size option spin box. This could mean that your sounds are being linked to and not embedded if they are bigger than the current setting. To force them to be embedded, you could try setting the spin box to the largest size (which is 50000Kb)
    HTH
    Silverback

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost audio (2000)

Some more thoughts.
    1. The PowerPoint helpfile contains the following information.
    <hr>You insert a music, sound, or video clip on a slide where you want it to play during a slide show. You can choose either to have the sound or video start automatically when you move to the slide, or to have the sound or video start only when you click its icon during a slide show. To change how the clip starts or to add a hyperlink to the clip, click Action Settings on the Slide Show menu.<hr>
    2. A second way to force the stuff to be collated into one file is to use Pack and Go, which you find under the File menu. This runs a wizard which collects all the elements of a presentation and packs it into a single file.
    Cheers
    Silverback