Lounger
    Thanks

Prompts for data before printing (Word 2002 SP2 )

I can't find a field anywhere in the document, including in the header and footer; if I protect the document, and hit tab, I don't go anywhere; when I try for a data file on the merge toolbar, I don't see one; and I've deleted all my temp files per Phil's StarPost--what am I missing here?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Prompts for data before printing (Word 2002 SP2 )

Hi... I'm not sure what your original questions was... in the future, you should reply to your original post so that we have history on your problem at hand... I'm assuming that you are receiving a prompt when you print... a document or more than one document? Usually these prompts are driven by fields which were inserted. If this is a template someone else created and this prompt is just annyoing you, go to Tools, Options, Print, and deselect Update Fields. Turning this option off will never prompt you for information when you print again (in any document). However, if this is your document and you are having difficulty finding the field, to view all fields in a document, use Alt+F9, fields display with squiggly brackets {FIELD}. You can use the Select Browse Object (circle between up/down arrow), bottom right of screen and click on the Browse by Field (top left corner) button - this will search for all fields in your document. Deleting the field may delete the information which you input into the prompt - you may only want to strip the field off and keep the information, to do this highlight the field and press Ctrl+Shift+F9... hope this helps... good luck... trish

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Prompts for data before printing (Word 2002 SP2 )

You've addressed my question, and have hit the target on what I was missing (Alt-F9)--I found the field and deleted it, and I'm happy now that the formerly unknown is known.

I like the idea of replying to my own post--as it is, I've been a 'New Lounger' for several years!