Banned Member
    Thanks

Navagation Keys (WinXP Pro)

Is there away to get my Nav. Keys { Itouch Keyboard} to work with a different Browser { Avant } instead of Internet Explorer? I made Avant my default Browser but I can't get the Nav Keys to Use Avant as the Browser to set the Keys with. There must be something telling Itouch to use Internet Explorer but I can't find what it is pointing Itouch to IE 6. I know how to change the registry to Use Avant to open HTTP, HTTPS and HTML Files. But don't have a clue about Nav Keys. If I change HTML files to use Avant, the Nav keys won't work on my Keyboard.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Navagation Keys (WinXP Pro)

Hi Cowboy, Can you do something similar to that about the search key in Logitech support doc #4721?

Joe
    Joe

Banned Member
    Thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you mean Joe.

Administrator
    Thanks

Cowboy, This doc
    assign search function to I touch search key has a procedure that I thought might be able to be applied to assigning the browser key to whatever you wish.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

To make iTouch Keyboard navigation keys work, download and install

Logitech iTouch keyboard driver and software package 2.15

Banned Member
    Thanks

That won't work Joe. Because no matter what I do it stills opens what ever Webb Site I asign to that key in IE6. It won't recognize any other Browser. I can get it to open the Avant Browser Program by assigning the key to the Avant Browser .exe as a Program, but the Navigation Keys won't open up a Webb site without using IE6. With Itouch you can assign Nav Keys by opening a Webb Site and then pressing Ctrl and the Nav key and it Assigns that key that Site. Well if I have a site opened In Avant Browser and try that , all it says is { can't get address from your Browser} so I try typing it in and it still won't work.
    And I already have the Latest Drivers 2.15 installed. I'm sure there is away to change something in the Registry or somewhere to make the Itouch Keys use Avant, but I don't know how. I have tried everything I know. Even went into the Registry and changed HTML,HTTP and HTTPS to open with Avant, still Itouch won't budge. For now I have Assigned " My Site Key" to open the Avant Browser Program and Made a few of the sites I wanted, into a Group1 in Avant, so at least it's eaiser to get to them now.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

This might be why [evil]

Found following at http://www.pc4d.com/hardware/41/itouch_keyboard.shtml They appear to be branded and will NOT your browser

<blockquote><hr>System requirements: IBM or compatible system; available USB or PS/2 keyboard port; USB hub functional only when keyboard is plugged into USB port with Windows 98; full iTouch functionality in Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, and 2000; PS/2 and Windows 3.x for basic functionality; suspend mode requires Windows 95 or 98 with power management enabled; CD-ROM drive

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Administrator
    Thanks

Sorry Cowboy. The Logitech support site sure sucks. I was just taking a shot in the dark.

Joe
    Joe

Banned Member
    Thanks

Yeah Logitech doesn't have much help with problems.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Cowboy:

I'm not familiar with how the software controls work for the iTouch, but here's a little trick I've used before whenever the default browser wasn't REALLY the default browser, and I had a URL that I absolutely HAD to have open in a particular browser. No guarantees it'll work, though.

What you're going to do is essentially type a path to an executable followed by a URL, and what you're essentially saying is "launch the following executable and load the URL I specify". First, you type the path to the browser executable. I don't know anything about Avant, but let's say the executable is installed in C:Program FilesAvant and the executable name is avant.exe. So first you'd type in "C:Program FilesAvantavant.exe" Then you type in the URL you want. If, say, you wanted Google, then that would be http://www.google.com. The whole thing together would be "C:Program FilesAvantAvant.exe" http://www.google.com.

Even if you can't make this work for the iTouch button, if Avant is the default browser, you *could* just create a regular Windows shortcut with the URL and put it on the desktop, or the QuickLaunch Bar, or wherever else you like to launch things from.

Good luck!

TBGG