Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with JUMPing to forums

I'm having awful trouble lately using the JUMP button to move around. Often I'm lead to a "Page not found" and I wonder if this is a problem at my end or with the Lounge. Funny thing is that the URL leading to the "dead page" message is always
    http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/jumper.pl

This looks incomplete to me - no forum name etc. If I navigate using links from the Main Index there's no problem. Any ideas?

Alan

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem with JUMPing to forums

Firstly, what browser are you using? I have no problems with IE 6 on XP Pro.
    -Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The page not found is almost certainly caused by the lounge being overloaded.

The reason you always go to jumper.pl can be seen if you use "View Source" on the page before clicking the button. This submits a form with all the parameters provided for you. As in...
    <font color=blue><pre><FORM METHOD=POST action="http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/jumper.pl">
    <input type=hidden name=Cat value="">
    <select name=board class="formboxes"><option value ="-CATJUMP-1">
    *Announcements* -----<option value="ann" >

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

OK, thanks for the verification Stuart. The overloading sounds like the explanation, since things are flowing smoothly this time around. The problem is intermittent, but has only appeared at all recently. The odd thing was that plain ol' links worked OK. Maybe the perl script is more susceptible to falling over under heavy load?

I'm using IE5 BTW Mark, but I don't think it's a browser issue, since things have purred smoothly in the past.

Thanks guys

Alan