New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Windows (Office / Word 2000)

Does anyone know how to make Word in Office 2000 open each document in its own application window, like it use to be in the older versions of Office and Word? We have a VB application that was written in house that executes winword.exe. It doesn't open any visible windows, but runs in the background. When the VB applications is closed the winword application is closed. The problem occurs when VB application is running and a visible Word window is launched to view or edit a Word document. When the visible Word window is closed, it also terminates the background Word process. Is there any way to make Word 2000 create a one to one relationship between documents and incidents of the application running?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Windows (Office / Word 2000)

There was an article by Romke Soldaat called "Fighting Desktop Pollution". He had an add-in that would change the MDI (Multi document interface) to a SDI (Single document interface). However, the original link is bad & I can't find it right now.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word Windows (Office / Word 2000)

(Edited by HansV to activate URL - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Phil, that wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for, but you gave me the correct terminology to find answer in the TechNet Knowledge base. For anyone else searching for an answer look at these articles:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;209910
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;230684

Thanks for your help,