New Lounger
    Thanks

Send To mail destinatary

When I use "SendTo Mail Destinatary" apears Nestcape, but I use Internet explorer and outlock express and I have Nestcape only for emergency.
    Thanks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Send To mail destinatary

Open IE or the Control Panel. Under Internet Options/Programs tab, what do you have listed for Email? The SendTo should open whatever MAPI program is set there.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply, but mail : IS CORRECT : OUTLOCK EXPRESS.
    There are 4 options, one is NETSCAPE (is not the default) anyway how can I? get away this option.
    Pablo

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Pablo:
    I'm not sure. If you open your Windows/Sendto menu, then select Mail Recipient, & press Alt+Enter, do you see a target line, as if it's a regular shortcut? If so, what is the path?

In the SendTo folder, you should have a Mail Recipient file that looks like an envelope. If not, or if the one you have isn't working, try this:

1. In the Sendto folder, create a new text file. The name doesn't matter.
    2. Change its extension to .mapimail. Ignore the warning about changing the extension. This new entry should show up when you right click a file & choose Sendto.
    3. Try out the new Sendto. If it works, delete the old one & rename this one Mail Recipient or whatever it should be in your language.
    Hope this helps,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Phil
    Sorry, but your solution did not work or I do it in the wrong way.
    But now the situation is:
    If I right click on any file icon, appears NETSCAPE
    If I use Sendto in open file of any application (words or excel) appears Outlock Express.
    Funny?
    sorry with my english, but I am not english speaking.
    Thanks, Pablo

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Pablo:
    Don't worry about your English. You're doing fine. I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "If I right click on any file icon, appears NETSCAPE". Do you mean that you right click & choose SendTo?

I need to know the answers to the following questions: If you open your Windows/Sendto menu, then select Mail Destinatary, & press Alt+Enter, do you see a target line, as if it's a regular shortcut? If so, what is the path?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Phil
    First. Yes
    Second . No
    I am going to explain something:
    I wrote several files (word and excel) I put this files on the desk (escritorio, I use windows in spanish) then I want to send those files to several customer by e-mail and I want to use "Sendto " and use Outlock express, but my system use NETSCAPE, only when I working in words or excel and then the system use Outlock express when I click Sendto.
    Phil, the matter is not important, but my problem is: why I can't arrange this. I know that if I uninstall NETSCAPE from my PC the thing is going to arrange by imself.
    I use 98 se, my PC is a AMD 1600 EX with 384 RAM.
    I keep Netscape, because I use it when a WEB page is not seen well on EXPLORER, but I never use NETSCAPE MAIL

Thanks

1] I believe Netscape Mail is an optional install - what happens if you un-install it?
    2] Just as a matter of interest, what entry do you have for your URL: MailTo Protocol as below (Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types...) ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (13.5 KB, 0 views)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Pablo:
    I'm at a loss to explain this. You have said that Outlook Express is the default. If that's true, then the SendTo should work with OE. On my system it works with Netscape Messenger, but that's because I have it as the default. If you go to Start/Run & type

mailto:YourEmailAddressHere

where YourEmailAddressHere is your actual email address, what happens? What opens to send your message? If it's Netscape, then I don't think that you've set OE as your default.

Open Outlook Express. Go to Tools/Options/General tab. Near the bottom, it will tell you whether it is the default mail handler. If it is not, then click the "Make Default" button.
    Hope this helps,

New Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Phil and Leif
    I give up, I uninstall NETSCAPE and all is correct.
    If I use "Sendto" with a right click in all cases the default is OE.
    I think that my explanation where not so correct, in any case:
    "mailto:my address" OE is the default
    "Open OE. Go to ToolOp......" Apears "Correo deteminado" (default mail handler) and "Make default" is in light gray, cannot be clicked.
    "Explorer > Tools/Folders Options/File types.." I do not have the option "Folders Options " or I do not know how get it.
    Thanks to both of you
    Pablo