New Lounger
    Thanks

Publisher Question

Does Publisher 2000 work with Avery labels, cards, etc?

I would like to know because I'm working on a business card and I've tried Corel Draw 9, Avery Wizard in word 97, Avery LabelPro and a Word 2000 template from the Officeupdate site in Word 97, all with marginal results at best.

Avery wizard under Word 97 and Corel Draw 9 both want to shrink the printable area of the Avery cards (number 08371)
    by a quarter inch in each direction on each card, Avery Labelpro misaligns the printout on the Avery cards (major lack of communication between departments?) and the Word 2000 template won't let me insert graphics such that I can position them freely.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Publisher Question

Publisher does work with Avery labels, including business caards. You can use the Design Wizard to start, choose 'Business Cards', then just delete all the elements and create your own card. If you choose 'Labels' using the Wizard you don't get a choice for business cards. It will give you a choice to print one or many on a page. Print many. Print a copy on a piece of paper first to make sure it lines up with the card stock you are using.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! Have you tried using any of the avery stuff? I've only tried making business cards so far using labelpro, and the alignment on the printout was way off. It's not the printer, though, because every other program I've tried printing from works fine. Only problem is none of the other programs work for business cards.

I'd hate to shell out money for the program ($135 Canadian +) and find that it doesn't suit my needs.

Thanks

If you are after some labelling software, I can recommend <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mvd.com/index.htm>Design Express</A> (also called 'Sure Thing Office Labeler').
    Support for all Avery formats plus the ability to create your own, import from DB's etc. (<$40 I think)
    Very flexible and user-friendly in setting up alignment.