Thread: ink cartridge

New Lounger
    Thanks

ink cartridge

I have a DeskJet 560C with an empty black ink cartridge. I filled it was a needle through the top and it still won't produce any ink. Am I correct in the way I filled the cartridge?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ink cartridge

Sounds like it, yes - but if the ink in the nozzle has dried up, you might not get results anyway. Try running the nozzle cleaner that should be in the printer's software. Also, keep in mind that the heads on inkjet cartridges wear out so after five or so fills, you may start having printing problems anyway.
    -Mark

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've had an HP cartridge that hadn't been used for while stop working because of the ink drying up. Running the head under the hot water tap until colour started to run in the water did the trick. Make sure it's well dried off before re-installing it, though!
    We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

New Lounger
    Thanks

The funny thing about is, the black ink flows when I touch it with a cleaner.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

The electrical contacts on the cartridge may be shot, or at least not clean. You can try cleaning those contacts with a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol to see if it changes things...as with Sparky's suggestion for tap water, just make sure it's dry before you plug it back in. If that doesn't work, then you probably need to replace it.
    -Mark

Thanks

Sounds like dried ink on nozzles or contacts to me. To add to Marks' post, I would suggest cleaning BOTH the cartridge and the mating areas where the cartridge plugs in. I would NOT use q-tips since they are cotton and can leave strands behind. A type of q-tip is available that has high density foam tips instead of cotton and are the same that should be used on video (VCR) heads. Also tap water is OK, (not alcohol) IF you are in an area without too much mineral content in the water. (it's safer to use distilled water, if possible) Make sure everything is dry, then run the printer maintenance software.

Bob
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!