Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

No Print Dialog (2000)

I am having a problem with a number of Word documents when I try to print the document. These documents consist of an envelope for page 1 and a normal Letter size sheet for page 2. After opening any of these documents, when I select Print from the File menu the print dialog box does not appear. Instead, the title bar for the document and the document in the task bar start to blink. At this point, I can't do anything in the document window, everything is disabled. If I click on the document in the Task Bar, then the document window will minimize to the task bar and the document on the task bar stops blinking but has a dark blue background (as opposed to the normal gray). If I then click on the document in the Task Bar again, the print dialog box will appear on the screen, and I can the print the document. I then have to click on the document on the Task Bar again to get the document window back. Does anyone have any idea what causes this behavior?
    Legare Coleman

Thanks

Re: No Print Dialog (2000)

It sounds as though the dialog is opening "behind" the document, which has been reported now and then with various possible causes. It might make your life easier to try to Alt+Tab to the dialog rather than minimizing and restoring (if you can). As for the solution... hopefully someone who has seen this and worked through it will post that.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No Print Dialog (2000)

Do you happen to have the Norton Anti Virus Office Plugin installed and enabled? This is reputed to cause this behavior (although I have no idea why it would occur for this particular kind of document).

If you have NAV, you'll find how to disable it (recommended anyway, the Office Plugin is superfluous) here.