5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Forwarding mail macro (Outlook 2000)

I receive lots of journal entries in the form of Excel files attached to emails. I then review them and forward them for processing. My question: can I create a VBScript to do the following, and create a button for it? I have a number of entities, each of which has its own mailbox setup.
    I need to 1) forward the message with the attached Excel entry file to a certain constant address. The from would vary by company, so I guess I would need a different macro for each. 2) to satisfy the bureaucrats, convert the Subject line to all caps 3) enter Please post. Thank you. in the body of the forwarding message. 4)Send. Such a set of buttons or menu items would eliminate tons of time-consuming, error-prone grunt work.
    I have written a few primitive Excel macros, but am unfamiliar with what I can or cannot do in Outlook. Conceptual suggestions, references for research and of course code would be appreciated. Thanks for your advice.

Thanks

Re: Forwarding mail macro (Outlook 2000)

Does any of the example code here give you ideas and help?
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

They use SENDMAIL in excel.

I assume that you want to do this from EXCEL after you open the attachment? (<!profile=Leif>Leif<!/profile> also feels that, since he moved your thread from the OUTLOOK board).

If we are mistaken you might want to repost and phrase the question to be more specific about your goals.

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. When I run the Sendmail method I get the SendMail dialog box. So far so good. Now, rather than filling in the dialog box myself, I seek to insert the text and address I referred to earlier, not just the parameters available in the method in Excel. Looking at the Object Library, I am guided in the explanation box at the bottom of the screen to "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" where I presume the body text property and the subject property and send method might reside. I can't seem to get at this. Nothing seems to be in the MSForms Library under DialogSendMail. It looks to me as if in running Sendmail I need to go deeper into things by accessing the Forms methods and properties. Any suggestions as to how I might do that?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Almost to the very bottom of the SendMail webpage that Steve has provided, look for "Send Personalized E-Mail" and also the link to Walkenbach's site. If that won't do everything you need, you may have to create an instance of Outlook to send the workbook. Post back if you need further help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS