New Lounger
    Thanks

video clip (ppt 2k)

Hi all
    Please, is there a way to add a stop , pause .. buttons to a video clip or at least have media player or ... to open & control my video clip BUT in the same slide without opening a window ????
    thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: video clip (ppt 2k)

Yes, there is a way. But of course you know you can usually pause and play a clip by clicking on it.

To have the clip play in a "skin", which includes controls, add a Windows Media Object to the slide. Then you can direct the object to open the clip.

On the Controls toolbar, click More Controls. Scroll down and find Windows Media Player. Click it and make a box in the slide. Right click the object and click Properties. Fill in information and settings in the properties box, including the path and name of the clip.

In the show, you will have stop, play, and pause buttons.

HTH,
    LennyJo

New Lounger
    Thanks

You're a legend LennyJo
    thankyou that's exactely what I want
    regards

New Lounger
    Thanks

By the way , do you think it's a good method to have a presentation with a video clip running from a cd ??
    tks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'd opt for running it from the harddrive if possible, sami1. That's because it may take a few seconds for your CD drive to "kick in," and the playback may not be as smooth. But try it both ways and see what you think.

I haven't used a control for movies for a long time. I know the Flash control will allow you to embed the SWF file; the movie control may work the same. If that's the case, you may want to just embed the thing and be done with it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, too many possible glitches. If you have to, you have to, but as Echo points out, the speed that the CD runs can affect the show and vary from one machine to another. Linking the video can be tricky too. All video in Powerpoint is linked. Like Echo says, Flash videos can be emedded, but not other movies. The Windows Media Player does not provide a property for embedding like the Shockwave Flash player does. I wish it did.

So, to answer your question, I personally shy away from it.

LennyJo

New Lounger
    Thanks

Usefull info, thanks to both of you

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info on the WMP control, LennyJo. I couldn't remember if it allowed embedding or not. (Should have figured it didn't, otherwise everyone would be using it to insert movies all the time!)