New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 97 SP2 (SP2)

I downloaded the service pack 2 for office 97. I can't find it on the web. Do you know where it is and what it's application name is?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 97 SP2 (SP2)

I don't understand. You write that you downloaded Service Pack (actually Release 2), so why would you want to find it on the web?
    Anyway, a search on Microsofts website yields Office 97 Service Release 2b (SR-2b)

New Lounger
    Thanks

I didn't find the download and I want to put on a CD. I don't remember SP2 to need SP1. I have SP2 on CD as an Office 97 install, but there is one other and I hope it is what you pointed out. How many SP are there for Office 97? In my case I have the SP2.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

You must install Service Release 1 <font color=blue>then</font color=blue> Service Release 2b. It says as much in the link given by Hans...
    It's not like Operating System Service Packs, which include all previous fixes.

No, I don't know why - probably just to keep Systems Administrators in a job, or to annoy users...
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As John Gray has pointed out, you need SR-1 to install SR-2b. Those two are the only two service releases you need, there has never been an SR-3 for Office 97. There was an intermediate release before SR-2b, but that is incorporated into SR-2b. The link I posted contains a link to the download page for SR-1 if you need that.