Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Legal Pleadings (Word 2000/XP)

Most of my law clients compalin that they cannot create or customize legal pleadings in Word 2000/XP like they could/can in WordPerfect. I agree. WordPerfect's legal tools kick butt.

Does anyone know of a good book, software add-on or website that can give me the skills to create and customize legal pleadings?
    If I can get past this inability to adjust and customize legal pleadings, I could provide better answers and solutions for my clients. And I could also keep them in the MS world.

I do network consulting for business of 75 pc's or less. Many of my clients are small law firms. I provide consulting mainly for MS products. Most of these law firms have switched from WordPerfect to Word because most companies like Dell or Gateway bundle their pc's with MS products. Dell is now offering WordPerfect Office bundled with their pc's. Most of my new clients are choosing to go with WordPerfect now.

They want to customize their legal pleadings in every way. So no one simple trick is going to solve this problem. They want to set the vertical lines the way they want them, they want the lay out their way and not the way the Pleadings Wizard does it, etc.

Thanks for all the input.
    Brian - NJ

Thanks

Re: Custom Legal Pleadings (Word 2000/XP)

There are a lot of different issues that come into play, including how you define line heights in your body style (Double vs. Exactly vs. At Least) and what the court says you need in the footer (which usually requires a table). There are a couple of Word for Law type books; Amazon might be a good place to search for starters.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Custom Legal Pleadings (Word 2000/XP)

Hi Brian -

Yes, indeed - those pleadings can be a headache. I've used several third party software applications that accomplish what you describe. SoftWise and Payne Numbering Assistant (to name a few) cater to the legal environment and work very well. Maybe you can check those out.

Good luck -