2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Send Email Macro (2000)

I have never tried a macro in Outlook and I am in need of some help. Could someone show me a macro for Outlook that will create and send a new message every Friday night at 2:00am that sends to the same people with the same Excel attachment every week. (Outlook will already be running.)
    I've tried running this out of an Excel macro but I keep getting the "A program is trying send email on your behalf" message and that of course leaves it stuck in the middle of the night.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Send Email Macro (2000)

The same problem would occur if you programmed it within Outlook itself. It is the result of the draconic security measures in recent updates/versions of Outlook. There are some ways around this:
    Express ClickYes from Express-Soft
    Outlook Redemption from Dmitry Streblechenko
    Both are free.

Thanks

If you are connected to an SMTP server, there is a free utility called SMTPSend that can be run from a batch file, and thus run under the Scheduler without the need for Outlook to be running. Let me know if this may be of use and I'll search out the link...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much for your quick reply. The Express-Soft solution is the one I picked and it works seamlessly. If anyone has a similar problem you just download it and make sure it's running in your Tray and it looks after the rest. For my application there was no additional VB code required.