Lounger
    Thanks

SQL to delete specific records (2k)

I have been running a version of the following SQL, from a macros, in order to delete the entire contents of a table in multiple databases.

DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE TBACTUAL.* FROM TBACTUAL IN "Jata204002.MDB""

There are approx. 150 different MDB files which I delete in long SQL statement, changing the filename with each line.

My problem is now... I need to delete only certain records from this same table, based on the date in a field named "DATE". In each case, I would need to delete records from a start date to an end date, in a table named TBACTUAL, in approx. 150 MDB files.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to accomplish this?

Let me know if you need more detailed information, or if my request is not sufficiently clear.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SQL to delete specific records (2k)

You use a WHERE condition to limit the records to be deleted. If the dates are fixed, you can use the following SQL:
    "DELETE TBACTUAL.* FROM TBACTUAL IN 'Jata204020.MDB' WHERE [Date] Between #3/1/2003# And #6/1/2003#"
    (subsitute the appropriate dates; they must be in US date format)
    If the dates are variable, you could get them from variables, or from text boxes on a form, for example:
    "DELETE TBACTUAL.* FROM TBACTUAL IN 'Jata204020.MDB' WHERE [Date] Between #" & _
    Format(Forms!frmDateInput!txtStart, "mm/dd/yyy") & "# And #" & _
    Format(Forms!frmDateInput!txtEnd, "mm/dd/yyy") & "#"
    Side remark: Date is not a good name for a field in Access, for it is also the name of a VBA function and of a data type.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SQL to delete specific records (2k)

Thank you Hans!

This works wonderfully, and it also means I can go home, rather than manually deleting the results of someone else's mess up.

Thanks,

Rob.