Thanks

Slide shows from widescreen displays (PPT 2002)

I recently procured a Dell laptop with a 1280x800 "widescreen" display. My slides are dimensioned for 1024x768 and project fine. However, the LCD screen during the show is very distorted as PPT stretches the slides to fill the screen.

Is there a configuration option to be able to avoid this distorrtion during the show? (I mean, other than turning off the LCD display.) Nothing really jumped out at me; I have not had a chance to experiment with "dual monitor" configuration or "presenter view."

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slide shows from widescreen displays (PPT 2002)

PowerPoint is a pleasure to use with Dual Monitor view. I heartily recommend that you give it a go.

I regularly use it with an external projector connected to my laptop, both set to different resolutions, speaker notes and "other stuff" on my laptop, presentation on the screen.

StuartR

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Stuart and everybody,

I've used the dual monitor setup from a software side frequently - on a system that's already configured that way (a PC with two monitors and a projector feed). So now I have a dumb question regarding the hardware configuration. If I have a laptop with dual monitor inputs, can I configure the projector directly to be the second monitor and use the dual monitor functionality of PowerPoint? Or do I need additional hardware to set it up?

Thanks!
    Angela

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I have uses this mode on a laptop. The LCD screen acts as my primary monitor and the external VGA goes to a projector. How are you connecting your various monitors?

StuartR

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that would be the setup we have. (This is actually for a laptop that I don't have right here - that would make this way too easy!). So I'm assuming I can go to the display settings properites if I have the projector attached, and turn on dual monitor support from there?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, you enable the second monitor from display settings. This is ever so easy to set up, but do practice a bit before you go to meet your audience.

StuartR

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Good point - thanks for your help!