New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel 97 Shared Workbook (Excel 97)

I have a workbook with 3,000 rows and 10 columns. I would like to use the shared workbook feature. In the past, have encountered encountered cases where a user saved the updates but the workbook did not reflect the changes. I talked with our help desk and they said that it is really not advisable to do a shared workbook in the network (I have no idea why). Would you all know what could cause that? Would there be any settings that I would need to do to ensure that the workbook is updated? Would there be a limit as to the number of users and size of the workbook? I thank you in advance.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel 97 Shared Workbook (Excel 97)

Excel is not very good at sharing workbooks. If you do share a workbook, and two usres modify the workbook and then save the changes, then one of the user's changes can get overlayed by the other's. If you really have to share, and want to gurantee that these kind of problems will not happen, you really should look at using a database like Access. I don't think you will find anyone that will gurantee the integrity of a shared Excel file.
    Legare Coleman