New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook (2000/SP-3)

Outlook functionality has degraded. Whenever I click on the Contact Search function or on a folder in my folder list, I get the message: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". The details button says OUTLOOK has caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 000:004d145b, etc. I am running Outlook with the Attachment Security & Options, Franklin Covey PlanPus, and SpamDeputy add-ons. Is there something that will fix all of this or am I destined for a uninstall/re-install of Outlook? Thanks for your help.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook (2000/SP-3)

You may be having an issue between the Add-Ons and SP3. Try uninstallling all the Add-Ons and then adding them back one by one to see if that makes any difference. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I went into Advanced Options under Com Add-ins and unchecked all of the boxes. Still have the problem. Do I need to remove all of the Com Add-ins?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Yes. Try that, exit Outlook and then reload them one by one.
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Finally, got around to removing all of the com add-ins. Still have the problem of Outlook crashing whenever I click the Search Contact Box. Do I have to reinstall Outlook? If so, is there a way to do it without loosing all of my data? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry for the delay in responding. Glad to hear that, at least, you're able to access your folders now!
    Your main data store is kept in a *.pst file that is usually in either C: Windows Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook or for Win 2K in C: Documents and Settings [username] Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook. This should not be harmed by a reinstall, but you may wish to back this up just for safety's sake. It is generally unlikely that the add-ins have affected the data store.
    The *.pst file will contain all your email, contacts, notes and calendar items. It will not contain your email settings. So, you may wish to copy these down before you reinstall. If there are any other settings that you will be wishing to carry over, please post back before you reinstall.
    Based on some brief searches, it would appear that the problem may have been caused by the Franklin Covey PlanPlus - in which case, I hope that you're still on the 30 Day Free Trial Period.
    HTH
    Gre