Thread: prevent copying

Lounger
    Thanks

prevent copying

I currently work in a Lotus Notes environment where a really great feature exists called "prevent copying". I'm wondering if an equivalent feature exists in Outlook? (I've searched myself, however many there's an add-in etc. that I'm not aware of).

You can turn "prevent copying" on for any individual email which you send. If on, the receipient, CANNOT print, forward, reply with history (reply with text of original message), select and copy text etc. It's a great deterrent to ensure that a message isn't forwarded around within a company (or passed around on paper) when it was intended as somewhat confidential. Obviously things like screen shots can still be taken, but if the message is that confidential that the recipient would care to go to such an extreme, then email probably isn't the proper medium for that information.

Any info would be helpful!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: prevent copying

outlook has sensitivity but it only affects the ability to edit messages using edit | edit message.

for anything more secure, you need an app like <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.disappearing.com>disappearing ink</A>