Lounger
    Thanks

Path does not exist (2002 - SP2)

Have XP Home, Office 2000, but have Outlook 2002 because of another program I used to run, which I don't run any more. When I go to Personal Folders, I get the following message: "Unable to display the folder. Path does not exist. Make sure the path is correct." Can't figure out how to fix it.
    thanks for any help.
    larry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Path does not exist (2002 - SP2)

Is this your main store - the delivery point, or a secondary file that you use? Sounds like the latter. If so, you need to find out where OL thinks it is. Right click on the top level folder, choose Properties and click the advanced button. You'll see the path listed at the top of the form. Once you get this, you need to do a find on that filename ( or maybe *.pst ) and copy the file into the path. That should fix your problem.

Lounger
    Thanks

Actually, the path is correct. Also, not sure if my question had enough information. When in Outlook, I have no problem viewing the .pst file in any of the other folders except the very top "Outlook Today." The mail, calendar, contacts, etc. all work fine. And as you suggested, when I right click on the top folder "Outlook Today" and go to the advanced tab, the path is correct.
    thanks,
    larry

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

So the error occurs when you are opening Outlook, but other wise it operates normally? Try this: go into File | Data File Management and see if there are multiple data stores listed, one or more of which doesn't exist as a valid file. Remove the ones that don't exist.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

No, not when opening Outlook, but only when clicking on the "Outlook Today" option at the top of my folder bar, which I keep docked on the left side. Attached is a page shot of that part of my Outlook page, and the problem link is grayed. ALL the other options work fine.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK, go to the properties of your top folder and get the path in the home page tab. Then check to see if the DLL and web page listed at the end actually exist in that location. If they do, then the problem is probably with one of those components. I've seen problems with the registration of the DLL and the components called in the web page.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hey Thanks! I went to that home page tab, clicked on "Restore Defaults" and it works.