3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print screen question

In win 98se, I click the printscreen button, capture an image, then go to Wordpad (the clipboard) to view it.
    From there I can print it or save it, but the only extension available to me is .doc...... When I printscreen a graphic (photo, etc.), I cannot change the .doc extension to something I can put in paint, photoshop or whatever. Is there a way to change the .doc extention, or a different place I can save the Printscreen image? I have tried "save as", but get nothing I can use - they're all text type extensions. Hope this makes some sense, and somebody knows how to save it in some graphic-compatible extension.
    Thanks for the help.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Print screen question

Here check this little free program out. Several people in the Lounge incuding myself use it. You can Capture with it, save screenshot as several different ext. Its a great program. You win't need to ever use Print Screen again. Irfanview Also if you Download it here is a Tutorial on it written By Bruce from this Lounge Tutorial

I use PowerGrab for to grab Screenshots and then I open them in Irfanview and size them like I want.

Thanks

Re: Print screen question

Click the PrintScreen button.
    Open MS Paint.
    Edit > Paste....
    File > SaveAs...

I think you'll find that's all you need.